Friday, September 5, 2008

Bad Weather

The weather in Cape Dorset has been bad for about a week. Last weekend started out good then it turned to high winds and rain. The long range forecast is not looking good either. Sigh.


Two night ago the skies cleared and the best northern lights of the summer were out. By keeping track of solar storms, coronal holes and sunspots on my favorite sites (Space Weather) I knew that the best was yet to come. So I got lazy and didn't bother to photograph the display. It was late and I was tired. What I should have been keeping track of was the local weather. I would have known that the bad weather was coming.


So in my frustration I haven't been taking photos and bloging. I am now trying to develop a Passion for photographing the clouds and we're not sure how that is going to work out. I did play a bit with some cloud photos in photoshop. They did turn out kind of neat. See Below.




No comments: