Friday, March 20, 2009

Pangnirtung

I've made it to Pangnirtung the last stop on this 20 day duty travel trip. I didn't take any photos while in Qikiqtarjuaq because I didn't have the time and I've posted photos from here before. I will have the opportunity to get out this weekend and explore around Pangnirtung and will have a guided tour Monday afternoon. That one will be part work and part play.

Depending on the weather there should be a good display of Northern lights this Saturday night because of an approaching solar wind stream from the sun. I am already trying to spot some good places to get scenic shots of them. Unfortunately I don't have a tripod with me so I have to chose spots that I can set the camera down on. Hand holding wouldn't produce good photos. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Stay tuned for more.

No comments: